Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes - Eric Litwin, Illustrated by James Dean


By far one of my favorite picture books, Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes is quick read that covers all bases. There's singing, colors, and a moral to the story. Pete the Cat is the most laid back cat. And he wears Chuck Taylors. He goes walking down the street in his white chucks, singing his song, "I love my white shoes, I love my white shoes," but OH NO! He steps into messes along the way and his shoes turn different colors. But does Pete cry about it? Goodness no! He just keeps walking along and singing his song because it's all good.

This book reminds me to be adaptable. Sometimes it might seem like there's a mess in front of me, but it's really not so bad. I'll just work around it. Sing a new tune. It will be fine. I think if Pete the Cat and Jake the Dog ever got together, they'd throw a hell of a party.


Oh, and if you're too lazy to go to your local library and check this book out, here's a video of the author telling the story live. With backup guitar.



No comments:

Post a Comment